Monday, January 31, 2011

Izzy's first fart joke

This entry is for my friend Bryan D. of Chicago, who requested more fart humor. I live butt to serve my readers. (Get it? Get it?? Butt? Aww, c'mon, be a sport!)



So one of the many surprises of new parenthood is that babies...err...poot just as loudly as adults! Who knew? Just now my little poop factory tooted so loudly she frightened the cats, who were napping nearby. My goodness, young lady! But I digress....as a fan of what my mother calls crude male humor, I can truly appreciate well timed, carefully crafted potty humor. Apparently, so does my daughter.



The other day, Izzy waited until I had just bent my head low over her diaper....and let out a rip roaring toot....right in my face! As I reeled back in horror, she said "aah!" and smiled, one of her first. Gotcha, Mommy! As disgusting as it was, I couldn't help but chuckle. Leave it to my kid.....the human whoopee cushion.....


Izzy, the human whoopie cushion

4 comments:

bryan said...

Tears of joy over here. Such a beautiful story. -bd

Anonymous said...

Wait 'til Mom-Mom Clopp reads this. Your god-mother, however, thinks it's hysterical. But I got a "_uck you, I'm knitting' from my god-daughter, that's you, for Christmas. Best gift ever!

Julia Funk said...

LOVE this story! Good to know that 'the fart joke' is a gene and not only something that can be learned.

Unknown said...

In the picture, it looks like Izzy might be discovering the awesomeness that is "pull my finger". But since she can't speak yet, she's decided to pull her own.

POOOOOOOOOT!!