Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Weather Forecast Predicts...Showers!

Oh, wow, readers, I hope that all of you are lucky enough to have a Godmother as amazing as mine. My Auntie Sue has always been a source of great joy, support, inspiration and fun for me, but let me tell you...this woman throws one HELL of a baby shower! Witness:

We searched high and low for THE PERFECT shower invites (can you tell I'm a first time Mom? And have been planning this shower in my head for years??) Finally we found this adorable Mommy and Baby bunny pair by OrangeOstrich designs. They even let us customize the invite so that the information was underneath the bunnies and the brown circles rimmed the edge all around. Perfect for me and my bunny.




Baby Girl Shower Invitation invitation
Baby Girl Shower Invitation by OrangeOstrichDesignsView more Bunny Invitations


We also ordered these matching seals to go on the envelopes.

I also loved this front table display that welcomed folks into the kitchen. Auntie generously loaned her nifty collection of bud vases which made an elegant, unfussy presentation. The silver frames came from Home Goods (Thanks Momma!) and held pictures of Dave and me as babies and one of Miss Susan Isabelle's latest ultrasound.



That's my brother Mike and me in the middle frame, me as an infant on the left, and the adorable little snookums in the frame to the right is my Momma!

Crystal! Roses! Silver! Tea! I'm in GIRLY HEAVEN!




I LOVED the decorations, heirloom silver tea things displayed on crystal cake plates with pink teacup roses, greens and babies' breath. Could you die? I nearly did, it was SO pretty.
Our shower started at 2 P.M.- refreshments were provided by British Bell Tea in Newark. They included delicious tea sandwiches, egg salad, dill, cucumber and cream cheese, tuna salad, roast beef. Oh, but the scones and lemon curd and clotted cream from British Bell were so fabulous, I need to take a moment and bow my head. I wish I had a big pile of them right now. If you are within a hundred miles of the British Bell Tea Room get in your car and go now! (And you're welcome!)
Our dear friend Mrs Chen baked her famous breakfast cookies, which had even my non-cooking friends begging for the recipe. (will provide at a later date, due to overwhelming demand.)





After presents we headed back to the dining room for dessert (do I love having dessert after pigging out on scones? Is a duck's butt wet) for cream puffs, cookies, bite size cupcakes, tea and tea cakes. Oh man, now I REALLY want English tea!





Chillin' with my posse.






Susan Elizabeth, Susan Isabelle and me.






Really, the swelling has gotten way out of control....



Handing out baby "Lottery " tickets to my cousins...the winner got to pick a fabulous prize...





We had two punch bowls set out. One had a sign that said "non-alcoholic," the other had a sign that read "The Good Stuff."



Daddy helps with the party prep.




It was a wonderful shower that I'll always remember. But even more than the food, even more than the gifts, even more than the decorations, or all the attention, (and you KNOW that I love food, gifts and attention!) my favorite part of the shower was the people. We have such lovely, thoughtful and kind hearted friends and seeing each one of them lights me up like a Christmas tree. Each of them are delightful and having them all together in the same room at once to celebrate such a happy occasion was pure joy. Thank you all for being such caring, exuberant, generous and loving souls. Isabelle is SO LUCKY to have these people in her village!
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a sheer delight, Jill, to plan and have a shower for you. It was fun from beginning to end. AND, the only time your mum and I had to say, "No!" was to the oodles of live baby bunnies you wanted to invite. We are so excited about Izzy's impending arrival that we can hardly stand it. What happy days are coming.
Love to you, Dave and Izzy,
Auntie