Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Nothing Neither Way


SOOOO, yesterday, I received some very positive and definite signs that labor was imminent. (Won't go into grody details, let's just say the baby books confirmed it.)


All day yesterday I waddled around running errands with hubby in tow (he won't let me out of his sight, by the way. Funny thing- I told him I thought my labor might be starting and he looked serious and said "right. I'll boil some water and get my multitool." Doesn't THAT just inspire confidence?)


And yet, despite a very crampy tummy and incredibly vigorous kicking and rolling from Izzy....here we are! We made it through the night, no trip to the hospital necessary. Isabelle, child, you, uh, maybe wanna get the lead out?

Today we have another doctor's appointment (they love me there) so we will just have to see. I'm going to go fuss about the nursery and take some pictures for you fine people...and think "laborious" thoughts!

1 comment:

McGee said...

If you can handle the cold, go for a long walk. Walking can definitely bring on the contractions. Avoid hot baths and eating almonds, as they tend to slow contractions. Tell Dave to take you out for Italian and order some eggplant parm. Eat some fresh pineapple too. Those are all bits of advice from my midwife, and all things I tried as well.