Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Deep Dark Secret...

This post was inspired by the comment my friend left on a recent entry. For your reading pleasure, I've posted both her remarks and my response here. If you find yourself so inspired, you may leave your own deep, dark confession in the comment section. We'd never tell a soul.....

Hannah said...
So glad Maggie is back to her old self! How on earth did she swallow an entire shoelace? And where did you find the time to actually update your blog?? you are SuperWoman!!
January 31, 2011 9:25 AM

Hannah, I've been keeping a secret from you for a long time. I actually am....a Superhero. The whole Musical Theater thing was just a cover for my crime fighting, vigilante, -ss kicking lifestyle. I have a bat cave, an invisible jet and the ability to communicate with fish. (Not as useful as one might suppose.) My arch enemies include nasty baristas, cat haters and anyone who drives up the cost of knitting yarn. My kryptonite is (obviously) a good cosmopolitan. (or 3.) I have no other weaknesses. My mission in life is to rid the world of people who suck. Oh, my other powers include sarcasm, dry wit and smart -ssedness.

I hope you can forgive me for keeping this secret for you and leading a double life, but I only did it for your protection, as my honorary BFF For Life. I most sincerely hope that by revealing to you my long held secret, I have not put you or your family in jeopardy. My warmest regards to you and your family. I'm off now to perform yet another Superhero, Herculean task- nursing my infant daughter while knitting (stockinette stitch) By The Power of Greyskull and Up, Up and Away,
Love, Me

1 comment:

omguidry said...

I too have a confession-I am Jill's arch enemy, a super villain who has plied her with said kryptonite over the years, and dragged her to many lewd and lascivious adventures against her will-though she secretly ultimately enjoyed them=;) I made her watch jaws and try spicy foods! I am evil, evil, evil!!!!!!!!! But the truth is, I secretly admire her and wanted to share my adventures with her in the hopes she would become my sidekick-wait til Izzy gets old enough, Super Jill-the stories I will tell=:)