Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Don't Tell The Others, But These Are My Favorites.....

I know we're not supposed to have favorites among our "children," but sometimes I come up against yarn so lovely, I almost hope the finished product doesn't sell so I can keep it for myself! Here are a few that will hurt when I see them go to new homes....

(Above) This scarf is made from 100% recycled sari silk, hand spun by women in India and Nepal and hand knit by a woman in Newark! It's the soft rainbow colors that sell this one for me, it's artsy and unique without being too "out there."


I have great affection for this scarf, I made it extra long and skinny for a hip, artistic, on-the-go soul. It's 50% wool hand spun in Nazareth, P.A. and 50% sari silk from India and 100% nifty!


I call this my "Honeycomb scarf." Knit in seed stitch to show off the glorious wool and lovely color changes, I think I will HAVE to go and make a duplicate of this pretty thing for myself. I can't stand it. 100% kettle dyed wool.


It's hard to walk past this soft and nubbly scarf and NOT pick it up. The colors are jewel like and vibrant. I want this one too! Be prepared to answer a lot of questions about where you got it, if this scarf ends up being yours!


No comments: