Sunday, October 31, 2010

I may be enjoying this a little too much...

One of the incredibly fun parts of having a baby girl is designing the nursery. Holy schnikes, can we talk about CUTE? I know that some of the current girl decorating trends are veering away from traditional light pink colors, but sorry gang....my girly side is raging out of control here (yes, I have one) and demanding PINK and GIRLY and lots of it! And BUNNIES! Why bunnies? I don't know, I just like them....thought they'd be hella cute in a little girl's nursery, sort of friendly and comforting.....now you'd think that finding pink bunny baby bedding would be fairly easy, right? Particularly in this age of the Internet....but you'd be WRONG!

Would you believe there is almost NO bunny bedding out there in the market today? At least not the kind I had my heart set on....there is bedding with Bible verses and ballerinas, princesses and lady bugs (really? bugs?) flowers and hearts and cowgirls and polka dots and pretty much every other critter in the animal kingdom....but NO BUNNIES! Well, poop. Poop, I say. After many long and wearying searches online I was forced to change my game plan. Bunnies I want and bunnies I shall have, but not on the bedding. We'll just have to get pretty sheets and accessorize the room with them instead. Much simpler. So here are the runners up and the final choice for Izzy's boudoir...







Very sweet bedding by Glenna Jean (the Caitlyn Collection) but my favorite part was the ceramic ducks in the bottom right hand corner....I also have a thing for ducks- they make me laugh. Anybody know where that pair came from?







Banana Fish tempted me with this cheerful set, but on closer examination, the hot pink was just too bright....








If we have another little girl, I might just have to scarf up this love bird bedding. It's cute, I love the colors and it's feminine without being froufy.



And the winner is......TA-DAH!







Glenna Jean's Sophia collection. I loved the soft colors and the patchwork quilt. And can't you just see little white bunnies hopping all around? We've already painted the walls light green with a soft pink accent wall behind the crib. I've got my eye on some white crown molding shelves to hold her precious mementos and favorite things.



And speaking of favorite things....what baby doesn't need a sculpture? How can you have a nursery without one, I say....forget the diaper bags and bouncy swings....Baby needs ART!
This pair of leisurely biking varmints cracks me up. Is it practical? Nein. Is it necessary? Nein. Do I love it? Absolutely I do!
So. Stinkin'. Cute. They have these in lambs and lions and duckies, too. I can't stand it. And I hope that they're all sweet dreams, too.


This makes me smile every time I see it! Perfect for any daughter of mine and maybe yours too?

And speaking of making me laugh...sometimes even the fiercest buccaneers have the "urpsies." In between feedings and sacking the town, clean your little pirate grrl up with this burp cloth...



Hope you had fun looking at my nursery favs. Be sure and post some of your own decorating ideas and choices- Izzy and I would love to hear them!

2 comments:

McGee said...

Very cute! I bought out nearly all the pink flowers from Hobby Lobby, and I am working on some awesome girly adorable-ness (is that even a word???) for sweet Izzy's room. Sorry I couldn't get it all to you in time for the shower.

Unknown said...

Jill, I am all for you indulging in that sometimes-elusive girly side, but as the scarred child of an overly-enthusiastic mom-determined-to-plaster-her-baby-girl-in-pink-and-ribbons-and-lace, I implore you to practice restraint once Izzy can talk. To this day, I work very hard to NOT own anything pink!
But hey, until Izzy can complain in real words, GO NUTS!!!