Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday Morning Update


What a lovely Saturday morning this is turning out to be! Dave is doing yardwork, Izzy is napping with her favorite stuffed dog and I am inside blogging, with a pile of french toast and bacon and coffee strong enough to slap you in the mouth. Ah, heaven! (yes, there's bacon and coffee and toast for Dave, too.)
We have exciting news here at Fat Joey Knitwear. Seven of our items sold over the winter at the Big Green Earth store in Philadelphia. www.biggreenearthstore.com. 3 banana silk scarves, 1 wool scarf and 3 baby hats all found new homes - hooray! All right, so I'm not Sam Wal-mart. It's still enormously empowering to make and sell your own handmade crafts- there's nothing like it in the world. And as always, a portion of the proceeds will go to a Philadelphia No Kill Animal Shelter (we like PAWS http://phillypaws.org/ and City Kitties http://citykitties.org/), or Heifer International http://www.heifer.org/ , in honor of the Late, Great, Fat Joey.
But that's not all! We have had two other stores express interest this past week in selling Fat Joey Knitwear items - one in Philadelphia and one in Kennet Square. I'll let you know when and where once the items are available - oooo, this is so exciting!
What projects, personal or professional are you working on? Fat Joey Knitwear is ever so curious.

4 comments:

sue said...

Happy you are back blogging. I have missed you!

Unknown said...

Hi Jill! I've missed reading about your adventures. As always, a pleasure.

Aaaaand... I just want to publicly tell you how PROUD I am of all you're accomplishing with Fat Joey Knitwear! I think what you do is amazing and that you give back to your nearest and dearest causes is an inspiration to me.

So is the fact that you're making you own business! GO JILL!! Once I get my beading supplies from across the seas, I plan on following your example and getting my own handcrafted things out into the world.

Congratulations on everything wonderful going on in your life. I can't think of a more deserving person. <3

Unknown said...

I am NOT 'Unknown'! I'm HALINA!!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, I'm blushing! Thank you, everybody, for your support and kind words. I can't tell you how much it means to me! Halina, if there's anything I can tell you about the business end of crafting here in the states, I'd be tickled....and I can't wait to do all my Christmas shopping at your store!I love both to bits and pieces. Have either of you thought about staring your own blogs? I would be your #1 reader! Love and drooly baby kisses, Jill, Dave, Izzy, Maggie, Sammi and Jake