Saturday, March 3, 2007

Cozumel, Jamaica and the Cayman Islands

Our 1 week wedding anniversary. Our wonderful waitstaff had another cake ready. The champagne was a present from the couple at the table next to ours. Lesson learned: if you say you're newlyweds you get free stuff! I've been saying it ever since!

The final towel buddy was truly impressive. How do they do that?





The new high priest and priestess of the Xacotyl tribe. ( I can so pull off this hat!)

I like this boy.

Guess where we are?

One of my favorite pictures of us.


Didn't I marry a cutie?


In Hog Sty Bay, Dave falls in with a rough crowd.


I'm totally holding my stomach in in this shot. (That's our cruiseship in the backround.)


Giggle, giggle. I'm so mature!

WE LOVE SNORKELING!!
Snorkeling in the Cayman Islands was like being in an entirely new world. I've never seen such vivid tropical fish, coral, etc. And they swim right up to your mask! It was extraordinary. I never wanted it to end. We even got to snorkle right over a shipwreck! Dave found "booty" - Cayman Island coins on the ocean floor. We were as excited as little kids - pirate treasure! Wow!


We were delighted to discover the "towel buddies" that the staff left in our room every night. We had never seen anything like that and were completely surprised when all the little "critters" showed up. Stingy the stingray became our official mascot for the honeymoon. We started collecting stingray souvenirs everywhere we went...





Rum punch and meat pies in Jamaica

Dave has his Titanic moment. "I'm king of the world!"

No comments: