Wednesday, September 29, 2010




Just a couple of shots from last year's craft fair. I'll never forget the thrill of my first sale - the woman bought the sari silk scarf draped around the picture frame above for her daughter in college. She gave me so much more than the price of the scarf, however, she gave me confidence and the knowledge every crafter/seller craves...that people will indeed plunk down their hard earned dollars for something you've created. I was humbled and grateful for every sale and remain so to this day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill! I love reading your entries! This one especially touched me because I experienced that feeling myself: That awe and that gratitude that someone else finds your creations worthy of their hard-earned cash.

I wish you success in your knitting enterprise. And once it gets cold enough to wear the gorgeous scarf you made me WITHOUT bearking a sweat, I'll make sure I'm photographed proudly wearing the beauty and I'll plaster the pic all over Facebook: "Scarf courtesy of the talented and generous Jill Holland"

Go Jill! Love and hugs xoxoxo