Saturday, September 25, 2010










These are pics from Fat Joey Knitwear's first craft show ever, held last year at the Betsy Ross House. It was held the morning after we got back into town from an intense week long summit in New York City. Dave and I were delirious with fatigue.




(Here I am with Fat Joey Knitwear's first ever sale! I meant to frame the first dollar I ever made from FJKW, but let's be honest, it went for more wool!)






I had put all my time and efforts into creating and finishing products and had given ZERO thought to the overall look of my booth....ruh-oh.






As we ran out the door I grabbed a few items for the table- the blanket at the foot of our bed, a pretty wooden cake plate, some ornamental gourds, a picture frame, and threw it all together when we got there. All right, so the look was amateurish, but hey- it WORKED! We nearly sold out of stock and I got a HUGE boost of confidence. Customers stopped by not only to make purchases, but to share stories about their own beloved critters - it was a wonderful day. I LOVED seeing people fall in love with the yarn, just as I had done, together we ooed and aahed over the gleaming strands of sari silk, banana silk, and luscious hand spun alpacas.....truly....these were my people.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, I LOVE your stuff - the colors are so rich and cozy for fall. I NEED some knitwear!!! Let me know how I can buy some from you. I want a blanket, kiddie hats, gloves, scarves,and kiddie leg warmers - I'm going broke.

Jill said...

Haha Maureen- that's excellent! Thank you so much for your support!At the moment, I'm launching my ETSY.com shop - I'll hurry and try to get some items posted for sale soon! What sort of colors/yarns were you looking to get?