Wednesday, June 3, 2015

What else is in my Etsy shop, you may ask? Oh, many, many things. I specialize in hand knit goodies and vintage treasure. A portion from every sale goes directly to charity in honor of the Late, Great Fat Joey, pictured here.



 
Joey, who hated Easter. I wonder why?
 
In fact, if you've never heard it, here is the story of Fat Joey Knitwear. Enjoy and see you soon!
 
Fat Joey Knit Wear (warm as a kitten) was created to honor the memory of the late, great Fat Joey. Joey (who was really only ever big-boned) was a foundling rescued from the mean streets of Philadelphia and my constant companion for twelve years. It broke my heart when he passed away in 2009.

Since I also volunteer at local animal shelters, I thought the best way to remember Joe would be to help other critters have food, medical attention and eventually, loving homes. Therefore a portion from every sale of FJKW goes to either the Paws shelter in Philadelphia, or City Kitties, in West Philly. Sometimes it's 10%, sometimes it's a 100%!

I was thrilled when I first realized my knits would sell and deeply grateful to be able to help the kitties, even in a small way. Thank you so much for stopping by. Wishing you every happiness,

Me and Fat Joey (in spirit)
 
Here is a link to my shop, if you want to nose around. I add things often, so stop by frequently to see all the latest. https://www.etsy.com/shop/fatjoeyknitwear?ref=pr_shop_more

No comments: