Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Sooooo, IF my rotten, lousy computer could be persuaded to upload the photos I just took, I'd be able to show you my beautiful and quirky thrift store finds from this week. BUT, tears, pleading, threats, bribes and turning the darn thing on and off again have all proved fruitless and I'm bummed. Foiled again. Maybe I could take pictures with my phone, post them to Facebook, save them to my computer and THEN upload them to the blog? Although, just typing that made me want to take a nap.


 
 
All righty, here is a truly mediocre picture of the beautiful music box I liberated from the thrift store yesterday. It's in perfect condition, though a vintage piece and plays Greensleeves. The soft, muted pastels and the tenderness in Santa's face make this music box a calming and joyous expression of faith. I'm tempted to keep it, since my own daughter was born early Christmas morning, but with a preschooler, a toddler and 3 cats in the house, fragile items are in constant danger of being annihilated. Maybe it would be better off with you?
 
Here's PPPPPPPorky PPPPPPig. For those of you out there who sell vintage, I've noticed that pop culture things, toys and cartoons sell pretty well. My Little Pony stuff, Looney Tunes, Scooby Doo, etc. So I'm hoping that Porky finds a home soon.


 
It was a great day for finds yesterday. If I'd had more money to spend I believe I could have bought a lot more sellable stuff, but alas, I was forced to make some hard choices. However, this beautiful Irish Bride and Groom from Royal Tara made the cut. Wouldn't it be a wonderful cake topper or wedding shower gift for the right couple? Bone china, made in Ireland and in perfect condition. I'm happy already thinking of the couple who will get this piece, whoever they are!

Wanna shop in my Etsy store? Click here on the link! Happy shopping! https://www.etsy.com/people/fatjoeyknitwear?ref=hdr_user_menu
 

No comments: