Friday, July 10, 2015

The Mother Lode

Whew! We've been busy, busy, busy here at Fat Joey Knitwear, Vintage and Crafts. Lots of thrifting, promoting my Stage Combat Intensive, keeping the monkeys entertained over summer break, Father's Day, birthdays, etc. etc. etc. But I've made some truly exciting finds and I'm hoping they'll bring in some Do-Re-Mi.

I wasn't sure why I felt compelled to go to Goodwill's on Saturday night but when I got there I was very pleased to find this 1974 Fisher Price register. I see them selling for 20-30 dollars online and I was happy with that. I was making my usual rounds through knick knacks when I turned and looked down AND STOPPED BREATHING. Oh Lord, it's the Mother Lode. The find that everyone dreams about. Bags and bags and BAGS of high end, untouched, Plymouth ALPACA YARN. And it's all mine. It's gorgeous stuff, 63% alpaca, butter soft and snuggly. And I've already sold 17 skeins of it. Here is what's left. I've already sold most of the black, powder blue and some of the pink.



 
Color me happy. I've made back the money I spent and now I have lots of free yarn! I'll make Christmas presents with it, stock for my Fat Joey Knitwear shop (you HAVE visited my Etsy store, right? ;) )or sell it outright. Good times. Have a great day and happy hunting!

No comments: